3 Things to Know Before You Buy A Blue Diamond Pan Cookware Set
If you consider yourself a “home chef” like me, then you’re always on the hunt for the best cookware products. One must-have in my kitchen is a non-stick pan that I can use to cook just about anything, from scrambled eggs to grilled cheese, salmon patties to caramel toppings.
It can be hard to find a non-stick pan that can do it all, and most that claim to have a non-stick coating end up leaving a residue after a few uses. So what’s an amateur chef to do?
Well, if you have paid attention to the cookware set industry lately, then you have likely heard of Blue Diamond cookware – more specifically, the Blue Diamond pan. Is it really worth the hype? Is it truly the most desirable cookware set on the market?
Let’s take a closer look at the Blue Diamond cookware set and see if the affirmations are true.
- 3 Things to Know Before You Buy A Blue Diamond Pan Cookware Set
- What’s So Good about the Blue Diamond Pan?
- Can Do/Can’t Do of Blue Diamond
- How Do You Use It?
- What Do the Reviews Say?
- How Does It Compare?
- Is Blue Diamond Cookware Any Good?
- Is Blue Diamond Pan Safe?
- Do You Have to Season a Blue Diamond Pan?
What’s So Good about the Blue Diamond Pan?
If you have seen a commercial or heard about Blue Diamond cookware from another source, one thing you will notice is that people tend to be very excited about this pan.
But why? Well, because the Blue Diamond brand prides itself on creating the “Newest Standard in Non-stick, Toxin-Free Cookware.” They claim to create gorgeous, non-stick pans with a non-stick coating that’s diamond-infused. Who wouldn’t want a fancy pan like that sitting in their kitchen?
According to commercials, the company website, and reviews, Blue Diamond cookware is well-known for offering a non-stick pan that can cook anything. Plus, they have a wide variety of sizes to choose from, including entire Blue Diamond cookware sets to appease all of your cooking needs.
There are many reasons to love Blue Diamond cookware. If you haven’t heard of these products or aren’t sure if the Blue Diamond pan is right for you, then keep reading. We’re listing off the top 5 features of these high-end pans next.
Important Feature #1: Diamond Infused Ceramic Coating
Without a doubt, the number one feature of Blue Diamond cookware is the diamond-infused ceramic coating. The pan comes with a double layer that is popular for being entirely non-stick. You can cook anything in this handy pan without any oil or butter.
However, it is recommended to use a little oil or butter when using this pan to ensure that your items slip off quickly. This is especially important when cooking highly-sticky ingredients such as caramel.
Keep in mind, though, while Blue Diamond cookware is designed to be non-stick, it may begin to lose its non-stick capabilities if used in the dishwasher.
So, while these frying pans and a 2-quart covered saucepan might be dishwasher safe, you’re risking losing the non-stick feature. It is always recommended to hand wash any pan out of the Blue Diamond cookware pack.
By hand-washing, you can enjoy the ceramic non-stick coating 10x longer lasting than traditional pans. Plus, the overall nonstick coating is 5x harder than traditional pans in general. These are powerful numbers you can depend on.
Important Feature #2: Blue Diamond Toxin-Free Ceramic without PFAS, PFOA, Lead, or Cadmium
Who wants to cook with a toxic pan? Not me. Well, that’s another great feature of the pan from Blue Diamond. Not only are these frying pans designed to be diamond-infused for less sticking, but they are also known for being Blue Diamond Toxin-Free ceramic pans. This Blue Diamond toxin-free ceramic is designed with no PFAS, PFOA, lead, or cadmium. This gives users peace of mind, knowing that harmful ingredients won’t impact their foods.
Important Feature #3: Forged Base with Warp Control and Metal Utensil Safe
When we say this cookware set is strong, we mean it’s strong. Blue DIamond pots and pans are designed to be some of the strongest cooking appliances on the market. They come complete with a forged base that offers superior warp control, which you can’t find in many pots and pans.
The cookware set can also stand up to metal utensils. That’s right – now you can mix and blend using your favorite metal utensils without eating unsightly scratches and knicks into the pots and pans.
Important Feature #4: Even-Heat Transfer
By now, we know that this cookware set from Blue Diamond comes with a highly desirable and strong ceramic non-stick coating that can be used with or without oil or butter. We also know that it can handle metal utensils and is easy to clean, although not dishwasher safe.
Well, aside from these state-of-the-art features, the Blue Diamond nonstick cookware set is also notable for cooking with 4 times better heat transfer. This results in easier cooking and foods that are evenly cooked. Who wouldn’t want that?
Important Feature #5: Oven and Broiler Safe Up to 850 Degrees
Now, I don’t know about you, but I have many recipes that want me to sear the meat before placing the same pan into the oven. Well, that’s great and all, until you realize your pan can’t go into the oven.
That’s not the case with the Blue Diamond toxin-free ceramic nonstick pan. The Blue Diamond pan is entirely oven-safe. In fact, not only is it oven-safe, but it can handle extremely high heat. Even high heat up to 850 degrees is no match for this ceramic nonstick cookware!
Being oven and broiler safe, your realm of cooking abilities expands further than ever before. Bust out all of your favorite recipes that require an oven- and broiler-safe pan, and you can feel confident using a frying pan from Blue Diamond. Paired with the toxin-free ceramic nonstick coating, cooking from start to finish and using various appliances is a cinch.
Can Do/Can’t Do of Blue Diamond
Let’s take a closer look at some of the key things that the Blue Diamond pan can and can’t do.
- This ceramic nonstick cookware can be used to cook various dishes, whether you’re healthy cooking or making up some sauces and syrups.
- These traditional non-stick pots and pans come with a lifetime warranty.
- Whether using the 5-quart covered stockpot or a frying pan, you can feel confident in a forged base that won’t warp.
- Although technically dishwasher safe, this nonstick cookware set shouldn’t be placed in the dishwasher. It is easy to clean using a non-abrasive sponge. This will keep the toxin-free ceramic nonstick coating intact.
- The handle of the Blue Diamond frying pan does not stay cool. The handles get hot fairly quickly, so keep that in mind.
How Do You Use It?
Using a Blue Diamond pan is no different than using any other type of pan with non-stick coating. You can use it over low to medium heat or toss it into the broiler with high heat. It all depends on the type of food you are cooking.
Keep in mind that, whether you are buying a single fry pan or a 9 piece, 10 piece of 14 piece set, all pans come with glass lids. This is essential for cooking some items, such as rice. You can use all of your favorite cooking utensils, metal or not while using these pans.
All in all, the Blue Diamond pan with a toxin-free ceramic nonstick layer is a pan that can do it all – just as seen on TV.
What Do the Reviews Say?
We could sit here all day and go on and on about the wonderful features found with the Blue Diamond pan. But you want to hear from real people to make sure this is a good buy. With that in mind, we knew we needed a Blue Diamond pan review from a real customer. Let’s take a closer look at some of the things buyers had to say.
One Blue Diamond pan reviewer stated, “Best performing and most durable pan I’ve ever had.” Another review claimed it was better than any non-stick frying pan they had ever used. Most of the reviews were overwhelmingly positive. Customers loved the even heat distribution and how easy it was to clean. It was also ranked high in durability and heat and scratch resistance.
Now for the downside. Some Blue Diamond pan reviews stated that the handle got hotter than they expected it to get, leaving them with burnt hands. Others said that the toxin-free ceramic nonstick layer on the frying pan hardly lasted a few uses.
Of course, this was because they were likely placed in a dishwasher and cleaned using abrasive sponges. Never do either of these things, if you want to keep the ceramic non-stick coating intact.
How Does It Compare?
By now, it’s clear that Blue Diamond pans are an excellent choice for any kitchen. But how do they stand up to the competition?
When compared to the Red Copper pan, the Blue Diamond pan is the better option. Let’s review the two.
- Blue Diamond pans have better resistance to sticking.
- Red Copper pan handles do not hold heat like the Blue Diamond cookware, giving this pan the edge.
- Red Copper pans can only be used in ovens up to 500 degrees, while Blue Diamond can enter ovens yup to 850 degrees.
- Red Copper is also known for warping under high heat, making it only applicable to low to medium heat. This is not ideal.
- Made with copper, the Red Copper pan tends to chip off faster than the Blue Diamond pans. This leads to more sticking.
- Lastly, Red Copper is not safe for use with a ceramic nonstick metal utensil. Metal utensils will scratch the surface instantly.
Blue Diamond Pan vs Gotham Steel
When compared to the Gotham Steel pans, the Blue Diamond pans remain on top. Let’s take a closer look at the comparison.
- Gotham Steel, although said to be made with stainless steel, is not stainless steel at all. Rather, it is aluminum, which makes it prone to scratches readily. It can only handle up to 500 degrees.
- The main issue with the Gotham Steel pan is that it is warped quickly, and there is said to be not very much cooking space, either.
- Last but not least, Gotham Steel cookware heats food slowly and unevenly.
Blue Diamond Pan vs Granite Rock
Our last comparison is against Granite Rock. This is a rising star in the industry. Many people claim to love these new pans, and they hold up to Blue Diamond pans very well. In fact, it was hard to review the two and come up with a clear winner. It comes down to a few small differences.
- Granite Rock is known for being incredibly lightweight and resistant to sticking, just like Blue Diamond.
- Granite Rock is made with a unique granite rock finish with a triple coating that offers excellent heat conduction and transfer.
- Both of these pans are also not prone to warping, no matter how much heat is applied.
- Both pans are metal utensil safe. However, there is no clear mention of whether or not Granite Rock is scratchproof, giving Blue Diamond the edge.
- Granite Rock is known for being PFOA free, but there is no mention of other toxins. This makes Blue Diamond a safer choice that is free of toxins.
Is Blue Diamond Cookware Any Good?
Whether purchasing a single frying pan or indulging in the 10-piece or 14-piece cookware set, Blue Diamond has had an impressive amount of positive feedback. With only a few flaws that are outweighed by the pros, it’s easy to say that these new non-stick cookware appliances are at the top of their competition.
Is Blue Diamond Pan Safe?
Yes, being free of all toxins, the Blue Diamond pans are safe. However, since the handle does not stay cool while in use, that is the only safety concern. This can be avoided by not touching the handle or using a towel when grabbing.
Do You Have to Season a Blue Diamond Pan?
When we are talking about “seasoning” here, what we really mean is adding oil or butter to the pan before cooking. This is obviously essential if you are not using a pan with a non-stick coating. However, the Blue Diamond, having a diamond-infused nonstick coating, does not necessarily need seasoning before use. It is suggested, though, for two significant reasons.
- Seasoning ensures that the pan remains slick and stick-resistant.
- Seasoning also adds flavor to the dish.
For example, trying to cook a salmon filet without butter seems like a bad idea to me. There’s just something about a slab of butter all over a piece of fish that gives it that juicy, succulent flavor. So, while seasoning isn’t exactly necessary, I would still recommend using it – unless you’re cooking something that truly doesn’t need seasoning, such as scrambled eggs.
If you are looking for a pan that will see you through all of your cooking needs, there is really a no better choice than the Blue Diamond. They have various sizes and styles to choose from, whether you need a single fry pan or multiple pots and pans, to keep you satisfied. They all come with the desirable non-stick diamond-infused coating that not only makes it easy to cook your favorite foods but gives your kitchen a little bit of a fancy flare.
Compared to other pans, this pan is the clear winner. Just be careful with the handle that tends to get hot quickly. Aside from that, you can use these pans with all of your favorite cooking utensils. You can even toss it into the broiler to whip up some crispy dishes.
With a lifetime warranty and plenty of features, my point is clear in this review: Blue Diamond should be the next pan in your kitchen.